Paper Jewelry That's Made to Last
Each piece of Papermelon jewelry is thoughtfully handcrafted with a lot of love, care and attention. Years of research, experimentation and trial and error has enabled us to develop the perfect recipe to creating sustainable paper jewelry, that’s durable enough for everyday usage.
Paper is cut into strips and meticulously hand rolled into perfectly shaped beads. The paper beads are then given a coat of sealant to protect the jewelry, so they can be cherished forever. The beads are thoroughly sun dried before they are assembled into creative pieces of jewelry. (Read more about my process here.)
The sealant allows the jewelry to be sturdy and water resistant, while preserving the natural color and texture of paper. With a little love and care, your Papermelon jewelry is sure to last for years to come.
How to care for Papermelon jewelry?
- Papermelon jewelry is sweat and splash proof. However, they should not be immersed in water. We recommend that you remove the jewelry before swimming, bathing or other water based activities.
- When unused, store the jewelry in its original box to keep away dirt and accidental wear and tear.
- If your jewelry gets wet or dirty, gently dab it with a paper towel and let it dry. Once it’s completely dry, you can store them as usual.
- Do not sleep with your jewelry on.
- All metal components used in my jewelry are sterling silver and may tarnish over time. When this happens, gently polish the silver with a cotton or flannel cloth.
An insert containing jewelry care instructions will accompany the jewelry box, so you’re never in doubt.
Please care for this as you would any fine jewelry and it’ll last for years to come.